Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Cockerel in New Jersey

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by waddles99, Jul 28, 2016.

1. waddles99

waddles99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2013
    NJ
    One of my blue laced red wyandottes turned out to be a cockerel. He is a black blue laced red wyandotte. Not to be confused with a golden laced wyandotte, since although similar in appearance, they can be crossed with blue and splash blue laced red wyandottes to create blue and splash.
    Here is the color chart:

Blue X Blue = 50% Blue, 25% Black, 25% Splash
    Blue X Splash = 50% Blue, 50% Splash
    Blue X Black = 50% Blue, 50% Black
    Splash X Black = 100% Blue
    Black X Black = 100% Black
    Splash X Splash = 100% Splash

His father was a blue and his mother was a blue as well. So, he is part of the 25% that turned out black. His sister, who I also have, is a blue. He would be good for a breeding project if you are interested.

He would also just make a good flock protector/eye candy! His father is very pretty and so is his mother. If anything, he would just be fun to look at! I can't guarantee his use as a flock protector, but wyandottes are supposedly very good. Since the roosters get very large they would be a good physical deterrent. I can picture how beautiful he would look roaming around outside with a bunch of hens.

He is 3 months old currently. He is just starting to get his adult feathers in. He is starting to crow and I can't keep him. He is free to a good home. Pick up only or meet up in Northern Jersey.

My # is 973-908-7642 or send me a PM.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by