Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

That simply is not true unless it comes with pict
ures!!!

Last edited:
The collage is bill Braden Roo and foley hen and single pic is of a juvenile too from them

It's not necessary to be so condescending of others things. We all must start somewhere. We are proud of the bloodlines and they have some nice offspring. I hope that one day people do not make you feel the way have made us feel. Thank you! :)

good morning. my wife n i do it for fun . lifes too short. lets all have a lil fun. all our chickens are special to becky n i. everyone one of ours is spoilt wrotten. im just lucky enough to have a great lady who i love so much. like the same things i do. we have foley blrw. thats the blood lines so they say to me their our blrw. becky raises them i work alot. way i see it as long as beckys happy i done ok.

Hi everyone!
I have 10 BLRW splash chicks and would like to keep a few and sell the rest. They are only two weeks old. Is it possible to tell which ones I should keep at this young age by their feather markings? If so, what should I be looking for?

It's not necessary to be so condescending of others things. We all must start somewhere. We are proud of the bloodlines and they have some nice offspring. I hope that one day people do not make you feel the way have made us feel. Thank you!
smile.png
don't even try Dan it gives them great joy to put someone else birds down. its really sad but Ive fought against this type of response so many times and these type of people must get some type of fulfillment out of it. Like you would really have to show pictures like that person is something to anyone or you. its a really sad thing but this is how this thread is and a cpl others threads Ive noticed the same thing.

Your hen looks like any other Foley hen Ive seen and I'm sure your roo is a better start than 80% of us get to start with. Please don't let negative people discourage you. they know nothing sitting at their comps putting people down. they shamelessly put someone else birds down then promote their own. its like it makes them feel better than someone. Its all a game and competition for some folks and others like myself and you for the love of chickens has to put up with it. . Pm some people who you can tell are helpful and nice. otherwise you will just get nasty responses and have to prove things to people who are not even worth the time or effort.

I think after Ive had this response and dealt with how others make me feel. I came back to this thread and seen someone else getting the same treatment. I reached out to them threw a pm and we helped each other out. . I hadn't been on here since then and now i just got on and seen you getting the same type of treatment. This thread is full of competitive divas and i will no longer even look in this thread again. its is so rude and nasty to have to feel this then see others get the same treatment over and over and over again. these people are so proud of their birds they don't care about how little of a person they become in discouraging others.

I understand how you and dan feel. I have been there. BUT, these threads are here to help us better the quality of chicken breeds. If nobody cared or knew about what makes a certain breed of chicken what it is, then we would all end up with barnyard mixes! I appreciate those "divas" as you put it because they know the standards for BLRW and I value their opinions. I would love to have a BLRW as beautiful as their birds. And I have seen many people post photos of birds that are suppose to be BLRW and they look nothing like what they should. Dan, I think your hen is lovely. The roo does have orangy coloring (at least that photo and the computer makes it look like it), but he is yours and I know you are proud of him. People here are not trying to be rude, they are responding truthfully to your asked opinion! Many people on this thread are very qualified to give you a correct opinion of your birds. If you took your birds to a poultry show to be judged, and they said the same thing that the "divas" said, would you be mad or think those judges were rude? No, you would probably look for a better chicken. This is all these people are trying to do....show you what is good and what is bad about the chickens we have. Maybe you could send another photo of your roo in better light so we can see him better.

All that being said, that is why I love Easter Eggers! They can look like whatever they grow up to look like because there are NO Standards to live up to!

Back
Top Bottom