Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

IMG_2576.JPG
Here is a few of the new babies mamma hatched for me!

Hello,
We are just starting our flock. The goal is to have a flock of pretty egg layers, no show goals. Our birds are still young, but we are trying to decide which male BLRW to keep and one of the speckled sussex is starting to make me second guess the idea we have 2 females. The Wyandottes are 12 weeks and the Sussex are 13 weeks. I was wondering if anyone has crossed BLRWs with speckled sussex? If so, any pictures? The black and splash are our males. Thanks
20170521_182215.jpg
20170521_182101.jpg

I bought a few chicks at a small animal swap and they were sold as BLRWs. This is my first experience with them. Not sure if they are really BLRW. Maybe the blue lacing does not show up until the plumage develops more? I will upload a couple of photos. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
IMG_20170521_142221.jpg
IMG_20170521_142143.jpg

The first one looks like a Black Laced red, and the second looks like a somewhat poorly laced Blue. I'm sure the lacing will improve still as they get older, but by how much I don't know.

I have another Black Laced Red that looks similar to the one in the photo. It actually has some blue lacing too, but also has feathered shanks. :rolleyes: I guess the best use of these roos would be to put them in the stew pot?

Some of mine had feathered shanks when they were about that size, but they don't anymore? I guess I haven't looked super close and they could still have tiny feathers there? I was pretty upset when I saw that on mine, but maybe yours will go away too?

Any idea on what my ten week old wyandotte is? boy or girl? He or she is best friends with a tiny cochin lol
FullSizeRender.jpg
thor.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom