Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

These are my three BLRW chicks at 2 days old.

I'm thinking 1 splash, 1 blue, 1 black??

Hatched 10 BLRW chicks from 10 eggs yesterday. 10 BLRW chicks already sold. Next hatch I am keeping some for ME.

I was thinking about why they have such a good hatch rate... And then I realize that every time I look at the BLRW pen, the rooster is mating. That PROBABLY explains the 100% hatch rate!

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Hatched 10 BLRW chicks from 10 eggs yesterday. 10 BLRW chicks already sold. Next hatch I am keeping some for ME.

I was thinking about why they have such a good hatch rate... And then I realize that every time I look at the BLRW pen, the rooster is mating. That PROBABLY explains the 100% hatch rate!

NOW if the BLRW would have a talk with the SLW maybe I would have more SLW chick
hmm.png
The BLRW are more INTERESTED in the process than the SLW are for some reason.

My DH thinks that is what killed our Rooster last week....he had 11 hens all to himself! Just dropped over dead. We miss him dearly. Now, we are trying to decide whether to get another rooster or not. I have a cute little gray and white guy with the green egg gene that is 4 weeks old, but DH is thinking more colorful....like our blue marans boy we just lost. Me, I would like to have one with the blue egg gene or keep my little "splash" guy. Hardinpoultry, my eggs go in lockdown on the 7th! They all looked lively on day 10! I, too, already have people wanting them. I will probably only keep a pullet for myself. Just like the way they look!

Back
Top Bottom