Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I have maybe a dumb question I don't know lol, this is my first flock! Do wyandottes in general grow wattles and combs and feathers and what not at the same rate per sex or are they different? I have 5 blrw chicks at 4 weeks old and have been trying to compare pis but most pics that I've come across are of different colors and just wanted to find out. Trying to figure out what we have.
Please and thank you!

Here's some pictures of a couple of my pullets I've grown up. I'm in the UK and we classify these birds to just be the Blue Laced Wyandottes, are these the same as the Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. Or do Blue Laced Red Wyandottes have different traits/colouring to my birds?
They are beautiful! Their color just pops, it's amazing.
I tried to post this in the hatching eggs classified, but it wouldnt lt me, so I am trying my luck with the breed threads. I hope you all dont mind! and I will say I am sorry that this is all one big paragraph, it doesnt post as it is whenI type! I am looking for around 24 eggs. I dont want hatchery birds, just breeder birds. These are for myself and my dad to split so that is why the large quanity. We had ordered eggs off of someone on Ebay who said they could fill the order in the next 2 weeks and then they backed out to just one dozen. I hatched 6 a couple weeks ago, out of 14, so we know realistically that a dozen wont get us many chicks to split. If you would be able to have that many in 2 or 3 weeks, I would appreciate a response. Let me know how many and how much, where they would be coming from and i will pass the information to him (he doesnt use computers!!) Thank you in advance!
We could do 12 eggs but not 24.

Here's some pictures of a couple of my pullets I've grown up. I'm in the UK and we classify these birds to just be the Blue Laced Wyandottes, are these the same as the Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. Or do Blue Laced Red Wyandottes have different traits/colouring to my birds?
I would say they qualify as VERY NICE! lol more red than gold, but I think the middle one is a bit more orange-ish than the reds should be typically... even so i'd use every one of them if I could.

size comb and wattle may vary depending on the line and color, so no, they may not all be the same. typically they are a slower growing breed tho. but hatchery birds seem to grow a bit faster over all.

Is anyone aware of someone near East Texas that might have some BLRW eggs for sale?
7acres, I'm in east Texas and I have 1 little BLRW, Pullet, but I'm interested in them as well, so if you hear of anyone who has eggs let me know! I too don't want hatchery birds, I would consider splitting some eggs with you!

Back
Top Bottom