Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Where are you located? I contacted someone in Pittsburg, but they will not have any eggs until Sept. I have contacted someone that I got some from last year to see if they have any and how many if they do. I have someone else that is interested as well. I will keep in touch.

Where are you located? I contacted someone in Pittsburg, but they will not have any eggs until Sept. I have contacted someone that I got some from last year to see if they have any and how many if they do. I have someone else that is interested as well. I will keep in touch.

7acres, I'm in east Texas and I have 1 little BLRW, Pullet, but I'm interested in them as well, so if you hear of anyone who has eggs let me know! I too don't want hatchery birds, I would consider splitting some eggs with you!

Is anyone aware of someone near East Texas that might have some BLRW eggs for sale?
We are still selling eggs. We have all pure Foley birds. One trio and a quad is laying at the moment... the heat hasn't affected them so far.
fl.gif

BTW we are in West TN.

Where are you located?  I contacted someone in Pittsburg, but they will not have any eggs until Sept.  I have contacted someone that I got some from last year to see if they have any and how many if they do.  I have someone else that is interested as well.  I will keep in touch.

7acres, I'm in east Texas and I have 1 little BLRW, Pullet, but I'm interested in them as well, so if you hear of anyone who has eggs let me know! I too don't want hatchery birds, I would consider splitting some eggs with you!

Is anyone aware of someone near East Texas that might have some BLRW eggs for sale?

I managed to score a mixed dozen from this breeder back in April, before he sold out. I only ended up with two BLRWs of the four hatch. He was very helpful and good to deal with. The two I have (pic are in my previous posts here) appear to be Roos so if you'd be interested...

I have located a dozen near me, but the other person that I was originally talking with is going to take them. I will see if I can get another dozen soon if you are interested. Do you have an incubator or access to one. Let me know.

I managed to score a mixed dozen from this breeder back in April, before he sold out. I only ended up with two BLRWs of the four hatch. He was very helpful and good to deal with. The two I have (pic are in my previous posts here) appear to be Roos so if you'd be interested...
I have located some eggs. Thanks.

I have located a dozen near me, but the other person that I was originally talking with is going to take them.  I will see if I can get another dozen soon if you are interested.  Do you have an incubator or access to one.  Let me know.
Yes I have access to one, my FIL used to hatch pheasants and he said I could use his!

I have maybe a dumb question I don't know lol, this is my first flock! Do wyandottes in general grow wattles and combs and feathers and what not at the same rate per sex or are they different? I have 5 blrw chicks at 4 weeks old and have been trying to compare pis but most pics that I've come across are of different colors and just wanted to find out. Trying to figure out what we have.
Please and thank you!
They are different in that if you see any pink wattles early it is a male. They have the same wattle length as they grow and mature till about 18 weeks than the males get longer and females stay the same. The comb is flatter in a pullet. The males have a fuller and thicker comb. The feathers at the neck and saddle if round are pullet, if pointed, it is a cockerel. That happens at about 16 weeks or older. These mature slower than other breeds.

hello, i am trying to decide which roo to use for breeding

heres the splash heres the blue, and the two of them together

I would not use any of these birds. They do not have the body structure, nor the correct color. They are to narrow in the rear. If you use these birds you are taking the breed backwards and not forward.

I would appreciate comment and critique on this BLRW rooster.
This bird is a pet quality bird. It is gold and should be a mahogany red. It is narrow and no chest. The body style reminds me of a hatchery EE. The wing placement is too low. When you think of the body structure of a BLRW think of a round circle.
images

If I was an artist i would make the correct color and body structure of a BLRW. I simply do not have that talent.
This is that you need in a body. Round, soft, beautiful structure.

This is the color..it is closer to red brown. It is called mahogany. It is not orange, yellow or any in that family. It is a beautiful deep rich Mahogany.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom