Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Nooooo! Where'd all this orange come from? Up until this point, he has been all mahogany! Good thing he's a breeder for the freezer, and the freezer doesn't care what colors he throws.

Lower right corner is my Rhode island red, for color comparison.
When the birds are younger, you get a first clue in the neck feathers. If there is any gold/white/ all blue/ or orange, you are going to throw that color.

When the birds are younger, you get a first clue in the neck feathers. If there is any gold/white/ all blue/ or orange, you are going to throw that color.

Well like i said, his offspring go to the freezer, and the freezer doesn't discriminate.
However, i will always be on the lookout for better stock to improve on my own. No one within 3 hours of me breeds these birds, so it would be worth it to me to have good breeders to sell chicks.
And lucky for me, i have room, time, handy myself (thankfully because my hubby doesn't like my projects, he says my eyes are bad and i can't count. So what if i drew a tiny coop plan for 6 chickens that turned out 3 times bigger with 12 chickens! :p)

These are my 4 BLRW, hatched early May -1 splash, 1 possibly dark blue with dark neck (which I LOVE), 1 dark blue with orange neck (not pictured), and 1 black with orange neck. Originally you guys pegged 2 of the darker ones as boys, but I'm not sure anymore. What do you guys think for genders? I'm really loving my one splash one, so cute!

Love this pic - cracks me up

I have SL and GL hens and am looking for a roo for them. I found a black based BLR and a splash based BLR rooster but not sure which one to get, does anyone know what color chicks I would end up with if I were to get one of these Roos? Thanks so much!

And lucky for me, i have room, time, handy myself (thankfully because my hubby doesn't like my projects, he says my eyes are bad and i can't count. So what if i drew a tiny coop plan for 6 chickens that turned out 3 times bigger with 12 chickens! :p)
LOL sounds like the 'chicken math' kicked in even before you had them...

I named this pullet Flo, 7 1/2 months.

I named her Ester, is she a splash? She had a head/neck injury that's healing and I think she might be blind in one eye. Sorry about the cages but they are in quarantine. Let me know what you think of how bad they will be for breeding. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
These are my 4 BLRW, hatched early May -1 splash, 1 possibly dark blue with dark neck (which I LOVE), 1 dark blue with orange neck (not pictured), and 1 black with orange neck. Originally you guys pegged 2 of the darker ones as boys, but I'm not sure anymore. What do you guys think for genders? I'm really loving my one splash one, so cute!

Love this pic - cracks me up
Are any of these out of my flock?

I named this pullet Flo, 7 1/2 months.

I named her Ester, is she a splash? She had a head/neck injury that's healing and I think she might be blind in one eye. Sorry about the cages but they are in quarantine. Let me know what you think of how bad they will be for breeding. Thanks in advance.
Quarantine is great!
I like them both. Yes, she is a splash

Are any of these out of my flock?
All of them are from the eggs I bought from you =)
Here are 2 more from the same hatch that I gave to a friend (there is a 3rd but it's hiding behind them so you can't see it)

Any guesses on any of the genders?
They are gorgeous birds so thank you!

Back
Top Bottom