Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

This Pullet is 14 weeks, just wanted some opinions on her lacing and coloring....

Hi
Can anyone post pics of their cockerels around 15-17wks?

He is much different now..Huge boy with deep red mahogany color all over. He lost his lighter red/orange on his chest and wing tips with his last juvie molt.

This Pullet is 14 weeks, just wanted some opinions on her lacing and coloring....

Lacing..at this age it is immature and hard to say. It might improve with more maturity

color..she is a pretty buff/orange lace not the red mahogany in the BLRW.

Give her 4 more months and take more pictures. She may develop darker colors, better lacing and the correct body shape to be a first class BLRW. They mature very slowly!

Its pretty high and big but doesn't show any other signs of being a roo. The other "pullet" I got with this one was for sure a roo. I will try to get some pics. It is a pet quality orangey color

Hi
Can anyone post pics of their cockerels around 15-17wks?

I've been wanting a few opinions on my two any way, so here are my two at 12 weeks. #1 is all boy - very tame and the prettiest of my chicks. I'm going to try to get better shots (top, rear end, natural stance) this weekend and will repost. Any opinions on whether is is worth trying to rehome, or will he be better suited for a the stew pot? (Unfortunately I can not keep him once he starts crowing.)

#1 again in both below - His tail is down here as he hops up and perches on the edge of the bench...

#2 sex is still unknown. Almost identical in size to #1 and carries himself like a boy (much lighter coloring though). Very little wattle or comb development, as shown here. This one I'm pretty sure is not a keeper unless he is a she and can lay for us!

Here is #2 (whole body shot) a few weeks ago...

Back
Top Bottom