Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Oh, I just read the signature, so I assume you bred her. She is soooo lovely!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Yes, I did breed this girl. I have been working on this line of Bantam BLR for a few years now and am very happy with how they are progressing
smile.png

Quote: I agree 1000 percent!

Quote:
Thanks for the compliments everyone. Yes, I did breed this girl. I have been working on this line of Bantam BLR for a few years now and am very happy with how they are progressing
smile.png
you deserve congrats! and I'm hoping the ones I get from you are even half as nice! might need a roo too after all... hm. sure as heck can't be half as aggravating as my current 'lil old lady' roo.

I agree 1000 percent!

Quote:
you deserve congrats! and I'm hoping the ones I get from you are even half as nice! might need a roo too after all... hm. sure as heck can't be half as aggravating as my current 'lil old lady' roo.
Thanks ki4got. I will send you a message when I have pics of all the sale birds. There are some very nice youngsters out there
big_smile.png

There are some other BLRW pictures posted here that show VERY dark lacing, looking almost black with blue sheen. I am curious if the blue can vary greatly from the pale grey on up to near black. There is no color standard since this is a newish type color, so I am thinking it is personal preference at this point. They are pretty birds. I have some hatchery grade BLRW and would be happy if mine are as pretty as yours. I am not a breeder so pretty (and nice personality) is a good thing at this point.

I will post some pics once my chicks get through their current shabby looking state. They are only 3 weeks old right now.

I just got a couple new Wyandottes. I was told they were BLR. The smaller one was born in June and is about 9 weeks old or so, the darker ones was born in May, so about 13 weeks. I have not had this breed before, but they look awfully dark for BLR's. What do you think?

This is the youngest one and the undercoat is quite light blue, and the feathers are lighter tipped than the older girl, but still on the dark side.

This is the older one, and she is much darker in all her coloring. Her underside is very dark, but the fluff next to her skin is lighter and more blue. Do you think they will color out different as they get older?

Here I am holding both of them. Love my girls!!!

There are some other BLRW pictures posted here that show VERY dark lacing, looking almost black with blue sheen. I am curious if the blue can vary greatly from the pale grey on up to near black. There is no color standard since this is a newish type color, so I am thinking it is personal preference at this point. They are pretty birds. I have some hatchery grade BLRW and would be happy if mine are as pretty as yours. I am not a breeder so pretty (and nice personality) is a good thing at this point.

I will post some pics once my chicks get through their current shabby looking state. They are only 3 weeks old right now.

Quote: They are not dark at all..the blue is not dark enough and the red is not mahogany.
BLRW come in three variety.
Blue
Black
Splash

Black Laced

Blue Laced (Mr. Foley's pullet)

th

Splash (Off the web)

There IS a color standard. It is not accepted into the APA yet, but it is well on its way. Mr Foley and several hard working breeding folks that love the bread have in fact written a standard.It is a working standard.

Please read this information to help clarify.

http://www.wyandottebreedersofamerica.net/wyandottestandard.htm
http://www.foleyswaterfowl.com/blrwyandotte.htm

Last edited:
Quote: If the APA has not accepted the BLRW than there is no standard. Once they are accepted it will all be spelled out, and I am pretty sure only "blue" will be accepted and not black or splash

The Wyandotte type will be the same as the other varieties, and in my opinion the BLRW is far from breeding true for color, lacing, and type. They need a ton of work still and more people dedicated to them.

Back
Top Bottom