Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

There is a really light coloured chick in this lot , hatched yesterday .

Ok so she did not post her pictures..I will post one more..

This is a June hatch so he has some growing to do. Beautiful full front. His tail is just starting. He is going to be a stunner. He is a little brassy, but not bad and should moult it out.
fl.gif

Quick question, what color eggs should I be getting? I thought I had all brown (one white the rest are supposed to be shades of brown)

A picture of the random colored egg. Most of the girls are laying, but a few have yet to, mostly my wyandottes, but i thought i saw this pullet in the box that had this green/blue egg, and it was a box not used often, so i think it was from this girl.

layers, and today i found a light blue/green egg. i'm wondering if my splash hen, (the only one out of 5 that don't quite look like she should, her color is way off, picture attached of her) Im wondering if she is a mix instead. I got them from a private party off Craigslist.

mhamilton, the girl you pictured looks to have a bit of a beard, more than I've ever noticed on any 'dottes... don't see any ear muffs but if she's mixed you may not. also looks more like a cushion comb than a pea or rose comb, but I've got one ee girl that has cushion also, who lays wonderful blue-green eggs...

typically ee's have dark legs, ear muffs and beard, but not always, depending on what they're mixed with.

here's my easter egger chew toy. aka 'broke leg' - who got stepped on by the blind horse, not once, but twice! within 2 months of each other, each time breaking a leg... (yes, i patched her back together both times) LOL
Darwin said survival of the fittest, not survival of the stupid, but we eat her eggs anyways, so...
hu.gif

you'd think she would have learned the first time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom