Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

well, had a slight 'almost oops'... I had set some eggs, wrote down the lockdown date as the 18th... well yesterday I opened the incubator to take the eggs out and put them in the hatcher, there's 2 mille fleur bantam cochin chicks looking out at me! LOL

6 more eggs that were also due at the same time as well. so they went to the hatcher (3 had pipped already!). last night had a nice blrw pop out before bed but no other progress on the 2 pipped eggs.

this morning I had another blrw and a red dorking running around the hatcher! first chicks of the year!
celebrate.gif

the other eggs had quit somewhere along the way, but with the pipped ones I didn't take the time to candle like I normally do...

i'll get pics when they're all finished fluffing up.

top left and right are the mille fleur bantam cochins, top cener is the red dorking, bottom 2 are the blrw. thinking one blue one black laced.

top left and right are the mille fleur bantam cochins, top cener is the red dorking, bottom 2 are the blrw. thinking one blue one black laced.
cute..

My first of the year should be hatching Tuesday...I just have meat birds hatching.
The next batch are Wyandottes and they are due the 9th.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom