Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Roo #2 (Handsome) was bred by Hardinpoultry (but I think she goes by heirloomorps now?)
He was an extremely slow developer, both in size and feathering. Poor guy had no feathers for the longest time!! He has really been filling out and feathering in quite nicely just within the last few weeks. I'm interested to see how he turns out.

I posted pics of the girls a couple pages back
wink.png

Did you see both hens? :)
Also, just to clarify, which two roos? #1&2 or #2&3? I decided months ago that I wouldn't use #3 for breeding because of his deep split breast.. it's really bad :(

Just for fun... here's another picture of roo #1 (Oscar)
Again, he's molting and his chest and tail are usually much fuller and rounded.

And another question for those of you who have experience, I have not been able to hatch a single Black Laced Red that doesn't have this double lacing. (not sure what to actually call it?) Every Black I've had, from different breeders too, has had this. Is it common on Blacks? I removed this hen from my breeders group because of it.

Just for fun... here's another picture of roo #1 (Oscar)
Again, he's molting and his chest and tail are usually much fuller and rounded.

And another question for those of you who have experience, I have not been able to hatch a single Black Laced Red that doesn't have this double lacing. (not sure what to actually call it?) Every Black I've had, from different breeders too, has had this. Is it common on Blacks? I removed this hen from my breeders group because of it.

Back
Top Bottom