Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Uncle Bee's Birds. I have seen good reviews on them on FB Good Egg Bad Egg Group.

http://unclebeesbirds.webs.com/apps/webstore
If your looking at chicks he may be a good choice, for eggs I'm not sure I would go thru him. I got 19 eggs from him only 7 were fertile, out of those I only have 2 alive.

There are several breeders that participate on this thread, there is also the 2014 Wyandotte breeders directory that you can have a look at.

I have to go get my new chicks at chick "day" tomorrow morning, and am still unsure what I want to get. I am posting here because I think these birds are so beautiful, and keep reading conflicting reports on their broodiness. I do not really want broody birds, and was wondering if I could get some feedback here on how broody the BLRW are - thanks!

I have to go get my new chicks at chick "day" tomorrow morning, and am still unsure what I want to get.  I am posting here because I think these birds are so beautiful, and keep reading conflicting reports on their broodiness.  I do not really want broody birds, and was wondering if I could get some feedback here on how broody the BLRW are - thanks!
Everybird is different, but i have raised a few different varieties and my wyandottes rarely get as broody as some of the other breeds. I pick there eggs daily and don't have problems with broody hens.

Do you know if that goes for all Wyandottes? I have read so many different, conflicting reports on so many different sites, my head is swimming. I've only ever had RIRs and Barred Rocks, so I'm looking to branch out this year; but don't really want to deal with broody hens. Thanks!!

Mine are from shanshan51, they go broody at egg song!

They did this at least 3 times last year. The offspring are just as broody.

Last edited:
Quote: I think broodies tend to be self culling.... if they are always brooder you can't hatch many chicks from them so the cycle will be broken. I personally don't like broodies I can't keep up with them all. Would be nice to let broodies do the work but I just don't have the space to put them all up in condos for 21 days+++++

I have to go get my new chicks at chick "day" tomorrow morning, and am still unsure what I want to get. I am posting here because I think these birds are so beautiful, and keep reading conflicting reports on their broodiness. I do not really want broody birds, and was wondering if I could get some feedback here on how broody the BLRW are - thanks!
We have 2011 and 2012 hatch BLRW who have never gone broody. It completely depends on the birds.

Back
Top Bottom