Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Got a feather successfully plucked!
It is actually pretty but the color seems way too light to be a blue laced red I would think, more like previous said a Gold Laced. I don't know anything about why the feathers are like that and I'm sure someone on here is with all the knowledgeable people on here.

I'm pretty new to blr wyandottes. I bought some hatching eggs from someone local several months ago. Unfortunately, only 2 hatched and they both look like boys. They are 2 months old now. Sooner or later, I'm going to have to decide which (if either) I want to keep. Their "red" is a little light but the newer feathers coming in are much darker. I'll probably wait until they have all of their adult feathering before I make a decision. Meanwhile, I am curious about something. I have noticed in the photos that I've seen that the roosters seem to have solid colored saddle feathers. Is that normal? Are laced saddle feathers considered a fault? My light blue/ splash (I'm not quite sure which yet!) male seems to have more solid colored saddle feathers coming in, but the black one has lacing all over. Is this something that I should take in to consideration when deciding which to keep?

The beginning of my Blue Laced Red Wyandotte adventure! I'm so excited!

Back
Top Bottom