Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Finally the molt is over , first days of winter thought I'd take some pics while the sun is out.

Still working on the combs.

Love all the pictures, cannot wait until mine grow more to see their true colors, they are just 3 weeks old so still got some time. Need to get some pictures of them to post here.

Finally the molt is over , first days of winter thought I'd take some pics while the sun is out.

Still working on the combs.

Beautiful birds!
It took me a little while to figure out how it was the first days of winter lol. We're usually topping 90 by noon this time of year here in Texas. It's almost inconceivable for my summer heat stroked brain to think it is possible for June to be a winter month anywhere.

Did I read somewhere that someone said that the longer it takes for the chick to get it's lacing, the better lacing they will have? I have one chick that everyone has passed over because it hasn't started to get any lacing yet. It's only 3 1/2 weeks old but others have shown earlier. Just wanted to make sure what I thought I read was correct. Thanks.

Did I read somewhere that someone said that the longer it takes for the chick to get it's lacing, the better lacing they will have? I have one chick that everyone has passed over because it hasn't started to get any lacing yet. It's only 3 1/2 weeks old but others have shown earlier. Just wanted to make sure what I thought I read was correct. Thanks.

If I remember right, ot is the slow feathering gene that makes for the good lacing :)

Have to give a big shout out to PeakyBeaky. For dealing with my newness in shipped chicks. All arrived safe and sound this morning! Hubby has them home and out and about :) I will post pics when I get to see them myself!

Back
Top Bottom