Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I had a few minutes to sit and watch some of my youngest grow-outs yesterday. I can't wait for them to fill out! I don't know how some of you get such amazing photos of your birds. I can't ever get them to stay still.

The blue cockerel I kept this generation is finally growing his tail feathers and looking a "little" less gangly! :) His lacing really is quite good, but it's hard to tell in this pic.

Same cockerel a couple of weeks prior:

I had a few minutes to sit and watch some of my youngest grow-outs yesterday. I can't wait for them to fill out! I don't know how some of you get such amazing photos of your birds. I can't ever get them to stay still.

The blue cockerel I kept this generation is finally growing his tail feathers and looking a "little" less gangly! :) His lacing really is quite good, but it's hard to tell in this pic.

Same cockerel a couple of weeks prior:

I love their color! Hope you post ore pics as they fill out :)

Mztre, absolutely beautiful color! Will you be selling chicks or eggs?

ETA: Just saw your signature. I would be very interested in purchasing a few B/B/S chicks. I'm currently in the middle of a big move so it would be a little while but those are some gorgeous birds you have. What are your prices?

Last edited:
Thanks, cuties! I bought my original breeders from Jerry Foley in 2012 and I've been working hard to try to learn and select for traits so I don't mess up all the years of work he has put into the breed. :). I've only kept 1 or 2 pullets from each generation. I am liking this group so far. I'll post some progress pics. I am very pleased with the blue cockerel. He was such an awkward thing a few weeks ago and he is finally developing a little size. He has the best color and wing placement of any that I've grown out for the past 2 years. I kept another blue, but he doesn't have that deep mahogany coloring. It's a shame because he has a good head and size and appears to be developing good type.

Soltaria - I do sell a few chicks each year after I've hatched out what I can accommodate here. My hens are half bald and trying to recover from a molt now; I hope to be able to start hatching for myself in January. I have a few locals on a waiting list, but I should have another breeding pen set up by March.

Here are some recent pics of my BLRW's. I am really in love with their color already, and I think it will only get better at only 13 weeks old! (1 pullet and 2 cockerels)

Pullet

Dark cockerel, this guy was a slow featherer.

Lighter blue cockerel

Thanks, cuties! I bought my original breeders from Jerry Foley in 2012 and I've been working hard to try to learn and select for traits so I don't mess up all the years of work he has put into the breed.
smile.png
. I've only kept 1 or 2 pullets from each generation. I am liking this group so far. I'll post some progress pics. I am very pleased with the blue cockerel. He was such an awkward thing a few weeks ago and he is finally developing a little size. He has the best color and wing placement of any that I've grown out for the past 2 years. I kept another blue, but he doesn't have that deep mahogany coloring. It's a shame because he has a good head and size and appears to be developing good type.

Soltaria - I do sell a few chicks each year after I've hatched out what I can accommodate here. My hens are half bald and trying to recover from a molt now; I hope to be able to start hatching for myself in January. I have a few locals on a waiting list, but I should have another breeding pen set up by March.

That sounds great. I would appreciate being added to the list once you have fulfilled your local requests. I'd be looking for 6-12 depending on how many I can convince my hubby to let me get :p

Back
Top Bottom