Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Not very good photos or quality but here are my BLRW bantams(excuse my dirty winter coop). I wasn't happy with their quality, but were the only ones that I could find. I purchased many hatching eggs with no chicks out of them so I will have to work with what I have. I originally purchased this small batch as 10 pullets and 1 cockerel and ended up with 8 cockerels and 3 pullets. All but 2 of the cockerels had very poor combs and lacing so culled them and kept the best 2 along with all 3 pullets to try and see what I can come up with. They are near pol and waiting patiently. My LF BLRW are laying and eggs are fertile. The cocks I have are from last years hatchings I purchased back but have more brass that I really want but one has the best type that I could get my hands on. I still have 2 growing out from my Foley cocks but only one looks promising. Fingers are crossed for sure on him to be a breeder.

Last edited:
My BLW six weeks old
[/IMG]

These are 2 chicks that I hatched from my Splash Roo in the first pick and the hens in the post above. Are they BLRW and why don't they have lacing? They just have blue down and tail feathers

Last edited:
very pretty birds..... but I am not sure what they are.
idunno.gif

the base color on all of them is such a warm and bright red... reminds me of a buff laced Brahma.. except that they do not have any feathers on the feet.

The rooster doesn't look like he has any lacing... and the females only have a tiny bit, more like spangles than lacing.... maybe that is why the chicks ended up with zero lacing?

They are BLRW splash. The rooster has lacing on his chest and the hens are red with white and pale blue lacing. All of my chicks hatched after those are splash chicks

Here is my splash chicks along with my BR chicks

Back
Top Bottom