Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I've added more chicks to the flock with hopes of increasing my BRLW's we had a very sad mink attack the day before easter. Anyway... I've got these two chicks sold as BRLW: Is the light one (the 2nd pic) a splash? It looks much different from (first pic) the other one I got.
Sorry for your loss. The first chick does indeed look splash. Perhaps some more pics on the second would help.

So, we have a blue, slash, and 2 black. THese two black are getting blue lacing on the tail and wings. Is the normal?

I have a hard time telling the difference between blues and blacks when they are chicks. Somewhere around 10-12 weeks, they start to show their true colors. Mine are 4 and 5 weeks old now. I'm still undecided on what colors some of them are. I have one splash chick that is feathering out much darker than I expected too.

We also have 6 chicks (5 blue, 1splash) that hatched under broodies. They are 2 weeks old and being raised in our main flock. The other hens and roosters don't mess with the chicks at all. Everyone free ranges during the day, moms and chicks included. They have their own private nest areas in the run too.

Mixed breed hen and 2 week old BLRW chicks (and an EE chick).

Hello, I posted a couple pics weeks back, here is my about 8 week old Cockerel. Should be a BLUE. Im loving his color now.

Here are a couple younger ones (6 weeks?) that I think are black BLRW but Ive never had blacks before, any opinions? Are they black or are they even BLRW as I was told when bought them? I will try to put a couple pics of them with my either blue or splash of the same age as well.

These top 3 all look like pullets to me, are they black, i think so but not much markings...

Here they are with a couple others, not sure blue or splash here but defiinitley a cockerel up front and pullets around him.

Please give me your thoughts.
thanks for your time

Back
Top Bottom