Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Hello, I posted a couple pics weeks back, here is my about 8 week old Cockerel. Should be a BLUE. Im loving his color now. Here are a couple younger ones (6 weeks?) that I think are black BLRW but Ive never had blacks before, any opinions? Are they black or are they even BLRW as I was told when bought them? I will try to put a couple pics of them with my either blue or splash of the same age as well. These top 3 all look like pullets to me, are they black, i think so but not much markings... Here they are with a couple others, not sure blue or splash here but defiinitley a cockerel up front and pullets around him. Please give me your thoughts. thanks for your time
The 1st 2 look like blacks and the 3rd a blue. In the bottom pic I see 4x splash, 2 blacks and 1 blue.

huh, ok, like I said, never had blacks or blues before and last years purchase, turned into 11 splash ONLY.

The 1st cockerel is a blue right?  He looks similar to the younger cockerel in the last picture but nothing like the 3rd that you think is blue.

The blue comes in different shades. Yes the cockerel is blue and from the angle of the pic the 3rd one is too. Perhaps another pic ?

Hello, I posted a couple pics weeks back, here is my about 8 week old Cockerel. Should be a BLUE. Im loving his color now.

Here are a couple younger ones (6 weeks?) that I think are black BLRW but Ive never had blacks before, any opinions? Are they black or are they even BLRW as I was told when bought them? I will try to put a couple pics of them with my either blue or splash of the same age as well.

These top 3 all look like pullets to me, are they black, i think so but not much markings...

Here they are with a couple others, not sure blue or splash here but defiinitley a cockerel up front and pullets around him.

Please give me your thoughts.
thanks for your time
Whats going on with the 2nd black? Looks like a Silver Laced and also not sure if pic or what but looks like it has a single comb?

I will get some more pictures of these 3...that is exactly why I wanted to get peoples thoughts...something seems not right to me, but then again, Ive never had blue or black BLRW and so I wasnt sure what to expect. #2 does seem to have more of a silver lacing and the other two who knows. The guy I bought them from said they all came from his Blue BLRW Roo and a blue and splash hen. I saw the 3 of them and they were true. Could he have had other wyandottes on the property somewhere...perhaps.

I will try to get some more pictures.

thanks for your help so far. I guess I just need to be patient and let them grow out more. I was hoping by 6ish weeks I would have a good idea FOR SURE as to what I had.

Well you cross the silver laced with the golden laced to make a BRLW... or maybe it's the silver laced crossed with the blue red laced... Anyway, you'll get a mix either way. You need the other colors to get the blue red laced and even then I know you get a mix of all the color variations when breeding. Maybe the guy you got them from didn't realize this?

Either way you'll have the color variations for future breeding ;)
Here are pics of my Wyandottes:

This one should be a Golden Laced Wyandotte...

A Silver Laced Wyandotte...

This one is my suspected Blue Laced Red Wyandotte...

Last edited:
Well you cross the silver laced with the golden laced to make a BRLW... or maybe it's the silver laced crossed with the blue red laced... Anyway, you'll get a mix either way. You need the other colors to get the blue red laced and even then I know you get a mix of all the color variations when breeding. Maybe the guy you got them from didn't realize this?

Either way you'll have the color variations for future breeding ;)
Here are pics of my Wyandottes:

This one should be a Golden Laced Wyandotte...

A Silver Laced Wyandotte...

This one is my suspected Blue Laced Red Wyandotte...
Crossing a SLW and GLW will NOT make BLRW. I really am not even sure how you would make BLRW in wyandottes if you made them from scratch. I would like a GLW, A partridge and something for the blue gene. BUT That would be a huge undertaking.

That bottom chick is not a BLRW. The GLW and SLW are both going to be very poorly marked and will almost be solid color birds.

Back
Top Bottom