Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I'm new to this group, I have some BLRW. I'm not real sure how old they are. Sorry there is a polish in the first picture, that is the rooster that came with them. I was told he was a BLRW, but ended up being a polish.

Yah, they are all different chicks. I was trying to take a pic of each of my little guys. I was actually a little nervous I had grabbed the same one twice, but I'm pretty sure I can see brown in that weird large feather in one pic and not the other. Lol The guy that sold them to me gave me a freebie chick in case he hadn't sexed them right (I asked for 3 girls and 1 boy). So when I saw two of them had that weird feather, I was curious if that was maybe an indicator, along with their slower wing development, that I had two boys and three girls. I'm sure when they start developing their comb and wattles I'll know for sure. :)

I have noticed that only two have the looks of a rose comb, but for some reason one of them is getting a single comb. In person their color is red and blue, the picture was taken in the shade. So it really doesn't show off their true color.

This is my BLRW rooster

I am new to this thread, I love the BLRWs and just bought some a few months ago and they all turned out to be roosters sadly.. I am only keeping one (the one pictured below) wouldn't he be more of the blue laced red instead of splash? And are his head and neck feathers more black or blue? Also, he has random barred looking feathers is that normal? Thanks

I am new to this thread, I love the BLRWs and just bought some a few months ago and they all turned out to be roosters sadly.. I am only keeping one (the one pictured below) wouldn't he be more of the blue laced red instead of splash? And are his head and neck feathers more black or blue? Also, he has random barred looking feathers is that normal? Thanks
he's nice! Nice red. His feathers are ok. They will get better lacing as they molt.

Back
Top Bottom