Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

a couple of my hens and my roo.

This is where people are getting misinformed about the BLRW, blame Murray McMurray for that one. Had the same misinformation pop up on the BLRW FB page a few weeks ago. I see all the fun happens while I'm sleeping and can't respond. Glad all of you popped in to help correct this. I wish they would remove this from their site so people stop crossing these colors to try and get BLRW as I know quite a few people are doing the cross and calling their offspring BLRW and selling them as such. Here are a few of my birds, disregard my boys as I know their color is off but all I have to work with at the time since a predator took my Foley cock. I have one cock of his offspring that I'm growing out to hopefully be able to throw in for breeding. He looks very promising so far but still a bit early to say for sure.
Can I ask how you got your bird from foley? I follow him on a couple different pages on fb and anytime someone asks about a chick he says he doesn't sell chicks.

Whe[quote name=oneinniethefish" url="/t/466415/blue-laced-red-wyandotte-thread/6870#post_15287681"]
foley just had an auction a few days ago for chicks. He is also is taking reservations for splash and bla k pullets.[/quote]Where? I must have one!!!

Can I ask how you got your bird from foley? I follow him on a couple different pages on fb and anytime someone asks about a chick he says he doesn't sell chicks.
I never said I purchased chicks from Jerry. I had boughten pullets and cock last year. Thru some incidents I lost that cock and bought 2 more cockerels. I had a mink attack which took my very promising cock and then in Feb a coyote not only took my last cock but my ducks and most of my SFH's. I had eggs in the incubator from the last cockerel and hatched out 4 chicks from that cockerel. Then my sons d'uccle Blue Mottled hen got into the brooder and killed 3 of the 4 which I currently am growing him out. He's in his ugly stage of growing right now. I am well aware he has only offered chicks for sale twice now this year.

Last edited:
I never said I purchased chicks from Jerry. I had boughten pullets and cock last year. Thru some incidents I lost that cock and bought 2 more cockerels. I had a mink attack which took my very promising cock and then in Feb a coyote not only took my last cock but my ducks and most of my SFH's. I had eggs in the incubator from the last cockerel and hatched out 4 chicks from that cockerel. Then my sons d'uccle Blue Mottled hen got into the brooder and killed 3 of the 4 which I currently am growing him out. He's in his ugly stage of growing right now. I am well aware he has only offered chicks for sale twice now this year.
Oh you have had a dreadful time , I'm sorry for your loss. I hope that this little guy steps up to the mark and helps you to replenish your stock. :)

Oh you have had a dreadful time , I'm sorry for your loss. I hope that this little guy steps up to the mark and helps you to replenish your stock.
smile.png
Oh that's only part of the bad time I've had with my birds. In July I went on vacation to Kentucky and left my SIL to care for my birds. Our hottest week of the year and never came and watered or fed the birds, came home to over 500 dead along with my first Foley cock. Then 2 days before Xmas a mink got in and killed another of my Foley cocks and all but 5 pullets/hen(left me with 5 pullets I had bought last year and one hen from year before) that I replaced the first lost with 2 more along with my WW, SFH, Light Brahmas, SS, Blue Swede Hen and a SS F1 Hen. Then in February a coyote got in and killed all my Blue Swedes I had restocked with, 4 SFH cocks and a hen, my last BLR cock. I now have Toulouse, Embden and a Canadian Hybrid geese in my big run to help deter predators. I also purchased some Iowa Blue poultry to help fend off predators as they are bred for that purpose. After that the dang d'uccle hen, she went down the road to sons boss's moms farm as I was going to put her on the chopping block if she didn't go somewhere. She also killed some of my Cream Crested Legbar chicks along with the BLR chicks I had been growing. Never seen a hen so mean in all my time of raising poultry. I bought back 2 BLR roos from my last years hatch but am not happy with their color. One has very good type I like but color and lacing is off. I'm breeding them now to see what happens until this lonely little cockerel grows enough to find out if he will work for breeding. If not I will once again purchase some other cockerels as I feel right now I'm happy with the hens I have. They have their faults, but they are a good start. Now if I can just keep the predators at bay. The whole predator issue started a year ago this weekend(Memorial Day) when my kids and other relatives kids went down to the river with out dog and he wandered in the neighbors yard on the way thru and on the way back the guy shot him 3 times. Just got out of court 2 weeks ago and the creap was only given a $50 D/C fine, $67 in victim witness fees and $1000 in restitution. I was appauled as I was told the charges would of been different. He even had the gaul to smirk at me when he walked by when court got out. I never even met or seen him prior to this day. Since my dog was shot I've had over $5k in bird losses and replacements and think it was crap. Seriously thinking of taking him to court in small claims for damages done due to the vet bills, loss of my dog as he was here to protect my flock and such. We had to put him down in October as one of the bullets hit his pancreas which caused him to go blind and become diabetic and also had so much liver damage it would no longer function. It was so sad.

Back
Top Bottom