Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Out enjoying the winter sun.

what beautiful ladies you have! the hen in the first photo is so round :)

Picked up these 6wk old (apprx) chicks yesterday. Are they actually Blr, or considered something else? Also thinking I have one of each, would love your opinions.
Chick A in back is darker. Chick B is lighter and in front.

Chick B

Chick A

looks like 2 splash to me

9 weeks old and she is STILL holding on to some fluff on her back! Goofy girl. Love her coloring. Her "tail" is just longer fluff, no real feather yet.

Last edited:

So it looks like all my new BLRW are light blue or splash. This is the only one that is blue. The problem is she doesnt have much lacing and her legs arent as yellow as the others and I am wondering about her purity. What are your thoughts? Can they have darker legs? Will the darker blues have darker legs? What say you experts?

So it looks like all my new BLRW are light blue or splash. This is the only one that is blue. The problem is she doesnt have much lacing and her legs arent as yellow as the others and I am wondering about her purity. What are your thoughts? Can they have darker legs? Will the darker blues have darker legs? What say you experts?
You really need to wait till after the first molt to get a better idea of lacing. As for leg colouring some of my pullets will have a little ' slate ' colour over the yellow and the Roos will be bright yellow.

Back
Top Bottom