Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Were you using medicated feed the whole time? If not, might have been coccidiosis.

No I have had to deal with that before. I lost birds from 4 different brooders and the number dead and how fast they died correlates with when and amounts they ate. Getting it tested if I can figure out where. Tbey went from fine to lethargic then paralytic and seizures within a few hours. Once i got food away from them no one else got sick. It sucked

Pictures of my 22-24 week old roo. And 13 week old pullets. I have a question for any of you that are knowledgeable about breeding, I'd like to try and breed these but am looking for insight first about what I could expect? I feel like I have a decent rooster, deep mahogany, fairly decent lacing. I'm not sure about the pullets though. They have more of the brassy orange and. What could I expect in my baby chicks? Would the mahogany from the roo show in the chicks?

Last edited:

Pictures of my 22-24 week old roo. And 13 week old pullets. I have a question for any of you that are knowledgeable about breeding, I'd like to try and breed these but am looking for insight first about what I could expect? I feel like I have a decent rooster, deep mahogany, fairly decent lacing. I'm not sure about the pullets though. They have more of the brassy orange and. What could I expect in my baby chicks? Would the mahogany from the roo show in the chicks?

Your cockerel is a blue, but the pullets are blacks, so by breeding blue to black the possible outcome is 50/50 . Ie 50%blue and 50% black.

I disagree. The first pullet looks black to me, and the second looks like a very dark blue. I wouldn't judge their end color quite yet, the pullets could change quite a bit still. I agree your cockerel looks like he will stay nice and dark. In my flock, the roosters are darker than my hens too, I'm not sure if that's common, or a coincidence. For my own breeding I'm going to try breeding my darkest to my darkest.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom