Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

My Blue Laced Silver project are from the breeding formula I was given from breeders of the color in England. We are on generation five now.

Formula:

1: Silver Laced rooster bred to splash Blue Laced Red hens ( I used mostly Union Hill lines and Foley splash BLRW hens).

2: Take resulting hens from above cross and breed back to a Silver Laced rooster to "lockout" the red as much as you can.

3: You will get SLW and BLSW birds from this cross. Cull all blue birds from program with red leakage, and those who appear straight silver laced. (note 75% are cut minimum ) Keep all best blues with the best lacing and conformation.

4: Breed your best blues together to get what I have now which is an even mix of blue, black and splash Blue Laced Silver Wyandottes.

5: Generation five is now hatching mostly blues in initial appearance (most recent hatch looks to be 30 blues, 8 splashes and 6 blacks) when my 4th generation was bred together. My oldest, as pictured above are from 12/1/16 hatch.

I will now be starting a new pen from step one to breed into my line eventually for genetic diversity. Searching for a perfect SLW roo if anyone is willing to part with one!

NOTE: I do have chicks and eggs available in limited quantity. Comments and recommendations always welcome as I am just a hobby breeder trying my best. Not an expert by any means! I am very happy with the results so far though :)

My Blue Laced Silver project are from the breeding formula I was given from breeders of the color in England. We are on generation five now.

Formula:

1: Silver Laced rooster bred to splash Blue Laced Red hens ( I used mostly Union Hill lines and Foley splash BLRW hens). 

2: Take resulting hens from above cross and breed back to a Silver Laced rooster to "lockout" the red as much as you can.

3: You will get SLW and BLSW birds from this cross. Cull all blue birds from program with red leakage, and those who appear          straight silver laced. (note 75% are cut minimum ) Keep all best blues with the best lacing and conformation.

4: Breed your best blues together to get what I have now which is an even mix of blue, black and splash Blue Laced Silver Wyandottes.

5: Generation five is now hatching mostly blues in initial appearance (most recent hatch looks to be 30 blues, 8 splashes and 6 blacks) when my 4th generation was bred together. My oldest, as pictured above are from 12/1/16 hatch. 

I will now be starting a new pen from step one to breed into my line eventually for genetic diversity. Searching for a perfect SLW roo if anyone is willing to part with one!

NOTE: I do have chicks and eggs available in limited quantity. Comments and recommendations always welcome as I am just a hobby breeder trying my best. Not an expert by any means! I am very happy with the results so far though :)

Id definitely be interested in some chicks!

Formula:

1: Silver Laced rooster bred to splash Blue Laced Red hens ( I used mostly Union Hill lines and Foley splash BLRW hens). 

3: You will get SLW and BLSW birds from this cross. Cull all blue birds from program with red leakage, and those who appear          straight silver laced. (note 75% are cut minimum ) Keep all best blues with the best lacing and conformation.

Do you have any pics of the blue from this generation? Im kinda a freak for any Wyandotte color lol

Edit- Nevermind I just snooped your Facebook. I am in awe. You have so many beautiful birds I can't even pick my favorite! How many breeds are you working with?

Last edited:
We had way too many in 2015, so I decided to just concentrate on three. We sold off everything except the Mottled Breda, the Basque Hen and the project Blue Laced Silvers. I keep a small group of Blue Laced Reds in splash going as well to add fresh genes back into my BLS group as needed. We are currently working on a Basque blend project and another new color for Wyandottes. We will see how it goes with that one. I think I am at least another 4 generations out before I would even be willing to say it is presentable. Oh, we also have a little group of Bantam Old English Games running about. They are very hardy and self sufficient and great little bug hunters :)

Below are a few of my favorites in the foundation birds to the current group.. PS: Thank You !

We had way too many in 2015, so I decided to just concentrate on three. We sold off everything except the Mottled Breda, the Basque Hen and the project Blue Laced Silvers. I keep a small group of Blue Laced Reds in splash going as well to add fresh genes back into my BLS group as needed. We are currently working on a Basque blend project and another new color for Wyandottes. We will see how it goes with that one. I think I am at least another 4 generations out before I would even be willing to say it is presentable. Oh, we also have a little group of Bantam Old English Games running about. They are very hardy and self sufficient and great little bug hunters :) Below are a few of my favorites in the foundation birds to the current group.. PS: Thank You !
So jealous! We got 6 blr a couple months ago and got 3 blue and 3 black. No splash which I really like and lost my 3 black/red to a bad bag of feed unfortunately. My blue roo made it as well as a silver and gold. Defiantly going to get more. Hopefully some of every color lol. Still trying to understand the genetics for them. Like what the % of colors I'd get from my gold with blue.

We had way too many in 2015, so I decided to just concentrate on three. We sold off everything except the Mottled Breda, the Basque Hen and the project Blue Laced Silvers. I keep a small group of Blue Laced Reds in splash going as well to add fresh genes back into my BLS group as needed. We are currently working on a Basque blend project and another new color for Wyandottes. We will see how it goes with that one. I think I am at least another 4 generations out before I would even be willing to say it is presentable. Oh, we also have a little group of Bantam Old English Games running about. They are very hardy and self sufficient and great little bug hunters :) Below are a few of my favorites in the foundation birds to the current group.. PS: Thank You !
They're all beautiful birds!

Back
Top Bottom