Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Pics
*Removed*
Thank you!!! I really liking on how gentle this rooster is! So I am excitied about starting my own flock with those birds. Of course I am struggling to find non hatchery birds. The one I have is a hatchery bird from a friend (splash) so he is staying in with the mixed flock until I am able to find a better replacement.

Does anybody have their favorite bloodlines? Pauls Poultry looks like a little outdated but I like the type from the photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
It took me about 6 months to find all of mine. I almost gave up. I acquired them from 4 local breeders so that my genetics stay clean. I am just now hatching my first chicks. Some are two weeks old now and offered for sale on my website.

Can anybody tell me how old when the BLRW roosters are sexually mature? I have a rooster that is 7 months old, but havent shown any interest in the hens and they are laying like crazy and squatting around him as in flirting!

Do you have him on lights? Cockerels need 14 hours of light just like hens to stimulate their desire to reproduce. I have a light on a timer that comes on at 3:00am.

Do you have him on lights? Cockerels need 14 hours of light just like hens to stimulate their desire to reproduce. I have a light on a timer that comes on at 3:00am.

Hey... you are probably right!!! I just put the roo in there last Sunday and he didnt have lights on him at the previous pen. I do have lights on as I have a yearling colt in the barn. The chickens can see a 200 watt bulb. But we have been getting freezing temps so the hens kinda shut down, still getting eggs but not as much when it was warm last week. I will wait for a month and see how he does.

Thanks.

Thanks ShanShan - you actually some of your stock from Red Roof Hens which is only about 4 hours from me! I really do like Foley's stock..

Has anybody worked with Paul's Poultry? It appears his website havent been updated since 2010 (for 2011)? His site says his stock came from a closed import line.

Not trying to stir up anything but I dont think Paul's Poultry is still selling chicks. Last I heard he was out of the chicken business driving a truck now.
Can always email them to see for sure.
If someone else has more info that that, please share.

Thanks ShanShan - you actually some of your stock from Red Roof Hens which is only about 4 hours from me! I really do like Foley's stock..

Has anybody worked with Paul's Poultry? It appears his website havent been updated since 2010 (for 2011)? His site says his stock came from a closed import line.

Are you refering to Pauls Rare Poultry? If so he is launching a new website :) I am his web designer so yes he is still in business and it will be updated soon. If you are talking about another site that I do not know about please disregard this!

Back
Top Bottom