Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

For a hatchery bird he is not bad. It is hard to tell his shape with his posturing. Nice mahogany color through legs. Legs could be a bit more yellow. Also back may be a bit long and tail may need to be wider.
Thank you
smile.png
The breeder said they start with the best bloodlines, and I thought he looked nice. Here's a better pic of him standing better. I have read enough to know that the lacing to his legs is a good thing.
He's a sweet boy and gentle, he's the only one I'm hanging on to.
Oh, and he's only 22 weeks old, not full grown yet.

Our 4 blue laced red wyandotte chicks!

Interesting that one has a yellow chest :)

Are their early signs for the BLRW chicks for sexing? Early feathering or anything like that?

Also, can you tell the colour this early?

Last edited:
Thank you
smile.png
The breeder said they start with the best bloodlines, and I thought he looked nice. Here's a better pic of him standing better. I have read enough to know that the lacing to his legs is a good thing.
He's a sweet boy and gentle, he's the only one I'm hanging on to.
Oh, and he's only 22 weeks old, not full grown yet.

Just a friently critique. If you are going to breed him you will want to keep the chicks with the deepest mahogany color because for a black BLRW his color is a bit brassy in the chest. In addition his tail feathers are wide which is good but......looks to be narrow. You will need to keep the chicks with the widest rump and a short back. :)

I got more BLRW babies
ya.gif
4 out and fluffed, 1 mostly out and 1 more pipped. Only one left
fl.gif
My last batch gave me a surprise a few days late. I got 2 more. I think I will leave the other egg in for a few days even if it has not pipped. It was a very good hatch all around
celebrate.gif

I got more BLRW babies
ya.gif
4 out and fluffed, 1 mostly out and 1 more pipped. Only one left
fl.gif
My last batch gave me a surprise a few days late. I got 2 more. I think I will leave the other egg in for a few days even if it has not pipped. It was a very good hatch all around
celebrate.gif
Exciting! I can't wait to see pictures.

Back
Top Bottom