Blue Rooster x Red Pyle Hen

ChickenQuailBan

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 27, 2013
I have a blue rooster & some red pyle hens. The rooster is exactly like a bb red but instead of red it's blue-ish. I just bought some red pyle hens & I was wondering how would the chicks come out if I cross the two? Should I try it out, or just buy a bb red hen to make it a closer similar breed?

Last edited:
I've never seen the cross, but I imagine they'll end up looking more like the red pyle.

Do it and post pics! Should be fun to see what you get!

I have a blue rooster & some red pyle hens. The rooster is exactly like a bb red but instead of red it's blue-ish. I just bought some red pyle hens & I was wondering how would the chicks come out if I cross the two? Should I try it out, or just buy a bb red hen to make it a closer similar breed?

Red pyle with some birds leaking blue and others leaking black ( showing black or blue specs, partial black or blue feathers or whole black or blue feathers) and some regular red pyle. It all depends on how many chicks you hatch most will leak non-white color especially in the tail and wings. See my avatar.

Tim

Last edited:
Well both of the red pyle hens have a couple of what appears to be black spots & black on the tip of their tail feathers & I also have a white hen with black on the tip of her tail feathers.

Yeah, I really want to see how they end up. But I also wanted to keep it as similar as I could to the rooster, since it's not easy finding a blue hen in Houston. They're bantams btw.

Back
Top Bottom