Blue Salmon Faverolle gender

CTyanks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 22, 2012
Connecticut
Boy or girl? You be the judge!

It's a cockerel, as has been stated. A blue salmon hen will look like any other salmon hen but the underfluff and wing/tail tips will be blue grey instead of dark grey. Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between the two.

Splash salmon males look like this. White with splotches of mahogany and blue/black.

And this is a splash salmon hen.

its a male...for sure
blue fav hen
This is a blue hen, not a blue salmon. Faverolles also come in solid blue/black/splash but they are rare.

Here are some dark blue and splash pullets. You will not get solid blues from blue salmon.

Last edited:
It's a cockerel, as has been stated. A blue salmon hen will look like any other salmon hen but the underfluff and wing/tail tips will be blue grey instead of dark grey. Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between the two.

Splash salmon males look like this. White with splotches of mahogany and blue/black.

And this is a splash salmon hen.

x2, very good info. I have two Blue Salmon girls myself. They are very difficult to tell apart from regular salmons.

This is a blue hen, not a blue salmon. Faverolles also come in solid blue/black/splash but they are rare.

Here are some dark blue and splash pullets. You will not get solid blues from blue salmon.

Oh my, that Splash is gorgeous. Are those your chickens? If so, did she maintain that appearance once full grown?

Oh my, that Splash is gorgeous. Are those your chickens? If so, did she maintain that appearance once full grown?
They were mine, and she was full grown there. The blue/black/splash Faverolles I had were bantams. This was another

900x900px-LL-1c8ec79f_13729_101411_01.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom