Blue seal feeds

chixmaidservice

Songster
9 Years
Oct 13, 2013
Anyone using a Blue Seal poultry product? New to chickens this year, but have been caring for and showing horses for 40 years (aghh, that hurts to see in print) and painfully learned the value of fixed formula vs. Big Ag's over-promoted, commodities market driven crap in a pretty bag. I believe that chickens are blessed w/ a much less complicated digestive tract compared to the equine... but still I wonder if I should be applying the life lessons to my new feathered friends. By the way, I have a small layer flock of 5.

I don't ride my chickens in rodeos, give them workouts or show them in shows so regular store bought chicken feed works for them. Unless it's some kind of cheap no name brand crap, chicken feed is chicken feed as far as I'm concerned.

I don't ride my chickens in rodeos, give them workouts or show them in shows so regular store bought chicken feed works for them. Unless it's some kind of cheap no name brand crap, chicken feed is chicken feed as far as I'm concerned.
You can feed what you want. I prefer to feed a ration that contains specialty ingredients that improve the health and productivity of our livestock. We like feeds that contain ingredients like Organic Selenium, Probiotics, Immune System Enhancers, and others.

Jim

I have been using the Extra Egg and Flock Raiser for a while and have been very happy with it. I switched to Blue Seal from Dumor brand which seemed to cause stinkier poop.

Thanks Jim and Thasha for the opinions... noted your profession Jim.... so your opinion carries a lot of weight. As I am a secondary consumer of what I feed my hens I believe I will research where I can get the blue seal extra egg in my area and switch from my current purina sunfresh product.

Back
Top Bottom