Blue splash silkie

I’m very lucky with What I got, I’m slowly dwindling my full size flock to switch to all
Bantam chickens I love the banties. But question on that, would you let the 2 run Together or not. Always been worried about the b as banties getting picked on.

I’m very lucky with What I got, I’m slowly dwindling my full size flock to switch to all
Bantam chickens I love the banties. But question on that, would you let the 2 run Together or not. Always been worried about the b as banties getting picked on.
Mange slowly integrate them, my big chickens pick on the bantams, but not to draw blood, more of “haha you’re small“. Hope it goes well!

Mange slowly integrate them, my big chickens pick on the bantams, but not to draw blood, more of “haha you’re small“. Hope it goes well!
Eh I’ll leave it how it is, now my royal palm
Jake loves my buff too to death. They best friends. They was raised together drom chicks though. He will back up dirty but if he sees him getting picked on or something.

Personally I wouldn’t put your large chickens with your bantams if they were not raised together. Even then, they can later develop issues. Flock dynamics is a very fluid thing and you have to keep a close eye. I keep my bantams separate from my big layer hens after one of my standard hens almost killed one of my bantams.

Personally I wouldn’t put your large chickens with your bantams if they were not raised together. Even then, they can later develop issues. Flock dynamics is a very fluid thing and you have to keep a close eye. I keep my bantams separate from my big layer hens after one of my standard hens almost killed one of my bantams.
I only have a select few of my bigger hens with Them for this reason right here. But the funny part is they say silkies are lowest in flock order. Not mine they are the Kings and queens and run the flock. They don’t take any b.s. from
The bigger hens they put them In their spot.

I only have a select few of my bigger hens with Them for this reason right here. But the funny part is they say silkies are lowest in flock order. Not mine they are the Kings and queens and run the flock. They don’t take any b.s. from
My two OG Silkie hens were also the bosses of the flock for several years. Then a few of the lower pecking order standard hens decided to gang up on one of them. It was almost as if they planned it.🤷‍♀️
Do what works for you and your chickens in your circumstances. Just keep a close eye and notice any behavioral changes.😊

lol Suprised I haven’t turned into a chicken as much time as I spend with them, or at
Least what the wife says. I think i prefer their company to humans most days. So won’t be problem to keep eye on it. Won’t tolerate
It.

lol Suprised I haven’t turned into a chicken as much time as I spend with them, or at
Least what the wife says. I think i prefer their company to humans most days. So won’t be problem to keep eye on it. Won’t tolerate
It.
You have joined a very big group of folks who prefer chickens to people for company!🤣❤️

Back
Top Bottom