BLUE SPLASH WHEATEN AMERAUCANA HATCHING EGGS? Yes, no?

mdkrush

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 20, 2013
North Georgia
I have had EE's for a while and got nice blue eggs. I ordered some BLUE SPLASH WHEATEN AMERAUCANA HATCHING EGGS from ebay and got these eggs that are green? I was assured that they are full Blue Splash Wheaten Ameraucana's... Can that be true?

Hi, How did your Blue Splash Wheaten eggs turn out? Do you have pictures? The egg color looks like the "Ameraucanas" I bought from a reputable poultry dealer a year ago. The chicks were of many different colors which is why I chose them, and so the eggs very from a very pale green to a bluish green to olive green. The hens show some wheaten and splash colors in the them- 3 of 10. Makes me think they may be EE! I'm adding cream legbars to my flock now, as that should bring more "blue" color to them, but eggs are paler green than my Americaunas/?EE. First batch I ordered only had 3 candled fertile out of a dozen and only two hatched, so have more on the way. Different breeder-obviously!! (ebay)! I wanted to learn more about the Blue Splash Wheaten Ameraucana, also. They look so beautiful. I'm familiar with the Blue genetics as I have Blue Swedish ducks, Blue, Black and Splash that is. Any info you can give would be helpful. Thanks!

I also would like to know more I have some Whiting eggs in my incubator I hope they all hatch. I also have some Ameraucana chickens that are very friendly and would like to know more about the Weaten Ameraucana's ?

I also would like to know more I have some Whiting eggs in my incubator I hope they all hatch. I also have some Ameraucana chickens that are very friendly and would like to know more about the Weaten Ameraucana's ?
I hatched 2 pullets and 2 roosters from my last Whiting True Blue hatch, The egg color from my hens are definitely a truer blue than my Ameraucanas. One of my WTB roosters has the Wheaten coloring, and I'm planning a hatch in the near future, but want to wait a few more months. The WTB to me seem to be a little wild, compared to my Ameraucanas, who are friendly like yours! My Isbars are the sweetest so far, very docile and like human attention! Their egg colors are unique, but far from "blue". Good luck with your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom