Blue Swedish Duck

IwannaBEaMERMAID

Songster
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Beverly Hills, CA
does the blue coloring in ducks have the same properties as in chickens ( 50% blue, 25% splash, 25% black) does anyone have a pic of a splash swedish duck ??
hu.gif

Quote:
I don't have any idea if I have a splash or not since my ducklings just hatched over the last several days and I haven't seen a splash duckling before but I can vouch for the fact that a blue swedish duck can throw a black swedish duckling.

This picture is of 8 of the 9 ducklings that we hatched out. Both of the swedish ducklings are out of my blue swede (and mixed with my pekin drake)...

27586_group-shot.jpg

Yep they can hatch Splash and also Silver if I remember right. I had one that I sold, she was what everyone here called a Silver. I only got BBS babies though, no silvers.

Quote:
I don't have any idea if I have a splash or not since my ducklings just hatched over the last several days and I haven't seen a splash duckling before but I can vouch for the fact that a blue swedish duck can throw a black swedish duckling.

This picture is of 8 of the 9 ducklings that we hatched out. Both of the swedish ducklings are out of my blue swede (and mixed with my pekin drake)...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/27586_group-shot.jpg

What's the one on the far right, closest to the camera, with the stripe on it's back?

Quote:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/27586_group-shot.jpg

What's the one on the far right, closest to the camera, with the stripe on it's back?

Well, we bred our Pekin drake to our Blue Swede, our Ancona and our Welsh Harlequin. We know that the Pekin and Blue Swede are purebred but we are thinking our Ancona and/or Welsh Harlequin are mixed (they both came from the same breeder). Their breeder said they were pure but from this hatch we ended up with two ducklings that look very mallard and 3 that look like magpies.

My guess is that the one you are asking about is a magpie but I have no idea :eek:)

Quote:
Fattie..i have a drake that looks exactly like that hen!! They'd make a cute couple..
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom