Blue Swedish running in circles?

BubbaBubbles

Songster
May 14, 2023
Virginia
So, I have 1 Blue Swedish drake in my mini duck flock named Stitch. He's adorable and shy and wags his tail like the others do when I arrive with the water hose to clean and refill their pool. But today while waiting for the pool to fill up, he suddenly started going around in circles. He wasn't running but more like a mini jog. He eventually stopped when I said, ''pool's done!'' So I'm just curious if this is a display of excitement or happiness. Or even impatience with me lol. He also tilts his head but so do all the others, so I assume that's normal duck behavior.
1685984360849.png
1685984391138.png

He has vitamin/niacin deficiency. Does he get any supplements
All the ducks get as many vitamins as I can provide. But I admit that I've been forgetting to get them peas, which they adored up until they moved outside. I've yet to try tossing peas in their pool or water. They've recently been gobbling up some flowers from my hanging baskets more than anything.

All the ducks get as many vitamins as I can provide. But I admit that I've been forgetting to get them peas, which they adored up until they moved outside. I've yet to try tossing peas in their pool or water. They've recently been gobbling up some flowers from my hanging baskets more than anything.
Peas are good treats
Do they get nutritional yeast added to their food?

I'd change over to Nutritional yeast Or since he is having a problem get Liquid B Complex it actually works better when one has already a problem.
1 ml over a small tasty treat so your sure he get full dose . TSC usually has it and it says injectable but we use it orally. it never hurts to try by giving them this just in case it's a nutritional deficiency.
IMG_2710.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd change over to Nutritional yeast Or since he is having a problem get Liquid B Complex it actually works better when one has already a problem.
1 ml over a small tasty treat so your sure he get full dose . TSC usually has it and it says injectable but we use it orally. it never hurts to try by giving them this just in case it's a nutritional deficiency. View attachment 3530395
Would this be ok to give pekins even if they don’t have a problem? Just for added niacin instead of Nutritional yeast?

If you feed them duck pellets, niacin supplement probably wouldn't be needed. If you give them chicken food, niacin is necessary. You can get add niacian powder derived from capsule supplements, at about 55 mg/2.2 lb of feed for adult ducks.

Back
Top Bottom