Blue Swidish Clutch close to hatching

robbyvg

Chirping
Sep 3, 2021
Middle TN
Out of 9 eggs I lost 2 within the first 2 weeks but the remaining 7 are beautiful and upon candling are active and growing. Day 20.

I ordered 8 eggs from Metzer Farms - they gave me 10. 1 broke in transit. The rest were very viable and continue to be. Out of 8 ordered (and 10 delivered) I have 7 beautiful and viable ducklings. As I approach lockdown with these babies I will take all the advice I can get.

R

Out of 9 eggs I lost 2 within the first 2 weeks but the remaining 7 are beautiful and upon candling are active and growing. Day 20.

I ordered 8 eggs from Metzer Farms - they gave me 10. 1 broke in transit. The rest were very viable and continue to be. Out of 8 ordered (and 10 delivered) I have 7 beautiful and viable ducklings. As I approach lockdown with these babies I will take all the advice I can get.

R
The best advise, just be patient! I think a lot of people get impatient because ducks take FOREVER to hatch so they assist hatching when it isn’t necessary. Let them do their thing!

R
We NEED pictures once they hatch!😁🥰

I'm so excited for you! I have a blue swedish and love her. Her name is Anka (duck in swedish) and she guards her littler blue Runner sister from the mean chickens.
That's what I love about ducks. They can be so very protective of their flock mates and show amazing intelligence at times. And of course, I love them because they are hilarious and cute! Also, eggs and bug control are great too :)

That's what I love about ducks. They can be so very protective of their flock mates and show amazing intelligence at times. And of course, I love them because they are hilarious and cute! Also, eggs and bug control are great too :)
They are incredibly hilarious. My first duck has a very strong personality and she makes my dog run away when she is on a mission.

Back
Top Bottom