Bluer than blue

FlyWheel

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 19, 2016
35.111165 -81.226586
My Coop
My Coop
We have chickens that lay really dark brown eggs (Marans) and dark green eggs (Olive Eggers), so I was wondering has anyone here tried (succeeded in?) breeding a breed of chicken that consistently lays eggs with a really strong blue shell color? One that is significantly bluer than the usual Legbar or Americauna egg.

I'd imagine many many breeders of any of the blue egg layers have bred towards a deeper blue colored egg but there's only so far you can go which isn't very much more then the average ones lays.
Its not like there's any way to make a royal blue egg layer.

I'd imagine many many breeders of any of the blue egg layers have bred towards a deeper blue colored egg but there's only so far you can go which isn't very much more then the average ones lays.
Its not like there's any way to make a royal blue egg layer.

Maybe some crazy chicken scientist will splice a few robin genes into the chicken and succeed some day. What a funny looking chicken that would be!

There are a lot of threads from people asking what breed lays the bluest blue, and I knew a "Robin's egg" blue is out of the question, but I was wondering if y'all knew if anyone was breeding to intensify what blue was available.

Back
Top Bottom