BO broody

My coop is not big enough for put a dog crate but I guess I could set one up in the secure part of the pen. Came home from work to find her in the nest box..kicked her out again and she has been foraging but fluffing up every few minutes making horrible noises lol( she is usually very quiet)
Then put the dog create up next to the chicken pen. Main thing is it let's everyone see her and they still consider her a part of the flock.

I blocked off the nest boxes for the night around 7 and the poor thing ran around clucking and puffing out for about half an hour trying to find a way to. She finally settled on the roost with her two friends so I am thinking that's a good sign ?

That's what I do. Takes a week or less to break them. When I block the nests some say, 'OK' and go to the roost; but one trashed the place until she had knocked down the stuff I had blocking the nest. But I just put up stronger stuff.

Is this normal? She sounds so angry!! She has not made one attempt to go back to nest all afternoon
Perfectly normal. That isn't really that angry/aggressive. Game hens can literally attack you and do damage. I had a Broody Game Momma break two bones in my hand by Chik Fu kicking me about a dozen times in under 1 second!
They were breed to inflict maximum damage resulting in mortality to all that oppose them!
:eek::gig:lau

Despite the noise she has been pretty easy to grab off the roost or off the nest. She growls but no biting or kicking thank god

Then put the dog create up next to the chicken pen. Main thing is it let's everyone see her and they still consider her a part of the flock.
where???
15640944579048712203477800513923.jpg

Back
Top Bottom