BO pecking hard

eckowes

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 22, 2014
Hey y'all
I have 5 BO that are about 24 weeks old . I finally got my first egg last week yay!!! All of my girls have white looking feet bit one. She has golden orange feet trying to figure out why one would have a different color on her feet than the rest... But my main question is she is mean, I've always been able to love on all of them and within the last month or so she's gotten very aggressive. She will run across the run to bite me. When I say bite I mean literally she has drawn blood, puffs her chest out and will try to claw me at the same time... Crazy!!! What can I do if anything? She doesn't peck at the other girls or anything just me? And does anyone know why she would have different colored feet than the rest?

Will do thanks... For some reason I can't post pics from my phone so I will try the computer when I get home

This is my mean girl! Or at least I think she is a girl lol. Any thoughts? I will try to post pics of the others later... wish I could post from my phone I have tons of pics

Oh, she's all girl for sure. She's simply decided she's boss of you, and apparently you agree. Don't let her close enough to you to bite or claw. When she gets that close, or makes any aggressive moves toward you, stomp and yell and chase her off a little ways. Trust me, she won't be afraid of you, she'll simply respect you. No hand feeding, no treats for her until she accepts she can not attack you anymore.

Thanks! I picked her up and held her earlier (not to her liking at all) and just made her stay still for a bit. I started that adventure with gloves this time lol. After about 10 minutes she calmed down, took my gloves off loved on her a little bit and put her back with the rest. She then kind of ignored me the rest of the time... better than attacking I guess lol. Hoping this will work if I keep at it.

Back
Top Bottom