Bob white quail eggs in the incubator, when to candle ?

stormylady

Songster
11 Years
Dec 27, 2008
Illinois
Hi, I put 30 bobwhite quail eggs in the incubator on the 17th (evening time) When should I candle the eggs and what am I looking for?? pictures would help me if possibly anybody has any. This is my first time with anytype of eggs, but got the quail eggs as a bonus for ordering the genesis 1588 incubator. The temp stays (according to digital therm.+ Hygrometer)
100.2 degrees, and at 61% humity is that alright? That is about as close to 60% as I can get it. Thanks for the helpful advice in advance. Sandy

I sure would like to know where you got the eggs I have a friend that really wants some; email me or let me know if you don't mind. Sounds like you got a great deal; good luck.

Hi there I got mine from G.Q.F. when i bought my incubator, they were included but they sent the eggs about a week after i got the Genesis incubator. They do sell eggs there also. I might keep a pair to breed just for eggs but I don't know yet. But very excited about the turnout so far cause this is my first attempt at incubation, hope they all hatch! Sandy

oh yeah 29 of the 30 eggs are growing and should hatch around the 12 i think, you could probably do a search and find someone on here that sells there eggs.

Last edited:
So did they hatch? I got some eggs yesterday and I'm new too this and well I could use any information you can give me
smile.png
thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom