Incubating Old Quail Eggs

Jul 2, 2022
NellyVille & KelceLand
I currently have 12 coturnix quail eggs in my incubator that are actually growing right along! No issues so far with any eggs when candling they are all looking good. I had some eggs on my rocker for about a month and decided what the heck I may as well give it a try. I’m wondering how many will hatch, survive and have zero issues. The same as the normal. I’m just wondering if anyone has ever incubated eggs that were older than a week old? Also I don’t use a fridge. I rock them in a room that keeps a pretty steady temp that they need however the temp fluctuates. This is actually how I store all the eggs both chicken and quail that I hatch.

There is a chance. It's not a hard and fast cutoff, where they all die at the end of 7 days. The viability drops and drops a bit each day until they are no longer going to develop. If they're not much over 7 days old, you have a decent chance of hatching several of them.

There is a chance. It's not a hard and fast cutoff, where they all die at the end of 7 days. The viability drops and drops a bit each day until they are no longer going to develop. If they're not much over 7 days old, you have a decent chance of hatching several of them.
I probably won’t do this again but I decided to try. Since my eggs are always fertile sometimes it’s neat to experiment. Instead of searching for the answer ya know. Thank you!!!

I currently have 12 coturnix quail eggs in my incubator that are actually growing right along! No issues so far with any eggs when candling they are all looking good. I had some eggs on my rocker for about a month and decided what the heck I may as well give it a try. I’m wondering how many will hatch, survive and have zero issues. The same as the normal. I’m just wondering if anyone has ever incubated eggs that were older than a week old? Also I don’t use a fridge. I rock them in a room that keeps a pretty steady temp that they need however the temp fluctuates. This is actually how I store all the eggs both chicken and quail that I hatch.
I imagine that the odds of hatching an egg that has been sitting around for a month before incubating is going to be 0. The longest shelf life I've tried is 16 days, only a few hatched.

Let’s see! They are all alive and on day 5 and alive! Hoping by day 7 they are all good still!

Back
Top Bottom