Best guess @ what type I am mixed with!

Jul 2, 2022
NellyVille & KelceLand
Hatched out a few baby quail. I don’t breed true I breed for plumage coloring and for fun and to share the babies with friends. Started breeding beginning of summer and started with 1 male and 1 female of each type. Just wondering for fun.
***Pretty cool info:I had quail eggs rocking on my incubator rocker in my basement for a month or more. Forgot about them 😬 anyways decided I’d try to see if the eggs would be successful and they all were! No issues at all! Thriving healthy and wonderful! They are 6-8 days old (some hatched different days). Excuse the wrapping paper and egg pieces. I use different enclosures for babies and this tote is their treat tote 😉 It has since been cleaned I am a freak with messes.

Attachments

• IMG_3629.jpeg
    IMG_3629.jpeg
    510.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3630.jpeg
    IMG_3630.jpeg
    474.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3633.jpeg
    IMG_3633.jpeg
    661 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3635.jpeg
    IMG_3635.jpeg
    483.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3639.jpeg
    IMG_3639.jpeg
    342.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3640.jpeg
    IMG_3640.jpeg
    452.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3642.jpeg
    IMG_3642.jpeg
    454.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3628.jpeg
    IMG_3628.jpeg
    682.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3631.jpeg
    IMG_3631.jpeg
    612.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3632.jpeg
    IMG_3632.jpeg
    661.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3634.jpeg
    IMG_3634.jpeg
    480.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3637.jpeg
    IMG_3637.jpeg
    439.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3636.jpeg
    IMG_3636.jpeg
    339.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3638.jpeg
    IMG_3638.jpeg
    737.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3641.jpeg
    IMG_3641.jpeg
    406.2 KB · Views: 4
Hatched out a few baby quail. I don’t breed true I breed for plumage coloring and for fun and to share the babies with friends. Started breeding beginning of summer and started with 1 male and 1 female of each type. Just wondering for fun.
***Pretty cool info:I had quail eggs rocking on my incubator rocker in my basement for a month or more. Forgot about them 😬 anyways decided I’d try to see if the eggs would be successful and they all were! No issues at all! Thriving healthy and wonderful! They are 6-8 days old (some hatched different days). Excuse the wrapping paper and egg pieces. I use different enclosures for babies and this tote is their treat tote 😉 It has since been cleaned I am a freak with messes.
ALSO IF YOU CAN GUESS GENDER GO FOR IT!

I see maybe some pharaohs maybe Egyptian maybe some Grau fee not 100% sure on anything @Nabiki might be able to help more but it would be best to wait 1-2 weeks then post pics again they’ll show color much better then.

That’s my goal all silver gray colors
You don't want that. Silver to silver can be a lethal combination, as in, you will get a higher percentage of eggs that don't hatch, and worse, you'll end up with weak little albinos that go blind very quickly if they aren't blind at hatch.

I love the SSC (Silver Schofield Collection), but I don't breed them anymore because of the birth defect rate.

You don't want that. Silver to silver can be a lethal combination, as in, you will get a higher percentage of eggs that don't hatch, and worse, you'll end up with weak little albinos that go blind very quickly if they aren't blind at hatch.

I love the SSC (Silver Schofield Collection), but I don't breed them anymore because of the birth defect rate.
all about trial and error. I have had zero birth defects with breeding gray and silvers. They are not full breed. They are all mixed besides the parents. But I don’t select breed by breed type. I do for color.

Back
Top Bottom