Anyone know what type of Quail these are??!

Harryham

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2023
So i purchased a dozen quail eggs from a farm and only two hatched but they’re completely different looking and was wondering if anyone knew what kind these are? The striped one has two reddish/brown stripes in the centre and the rest are more yellow, it’s also about twice the size of the other one despite only being 1 day older ..

Attachments

• IMG_7945.jpeg
    IMG_7945.jpeg
    651.6 KB · Views: 51
Quail chicks look very similar, but I would guess those are both coturnix. As for colours,the one on top is probably a pharaoh, while the one on the bottom probably rouge. They may change drastically in appearance over the next few weeks, though.

My best guess is a wild type and a rosetta or some similar red gene on the bottom. Quail grow VERY fast so even 1 day makes a size difference
Thank you! Yeh they are growing so quickly even though I knew it beforehand it’s still surprising/amazing to see!

Quail chicks look very similar, but I would guess those are both coturnix. As for colours,the one on top is probably a pharaoh, while the one on the bottom probably rouge. They may change drastically in appearance over the next few weeks, though.
Thank you! Yeh I also thought the one on top was a pharaoh but I’m not very experienced with Quail but I’ll post again in a few weeks hopefully can tell better then

Thank you! Yeh I also thought the one on top was a pharaoh but I’m not very experienced with Quail but I’ll post again in a few weeks hopefully can tell better then
This is a picture of a newly hatched pharaoh from last week. I literally took it out of the incubator to move to the brooder and snapped the pic. It looks very similar to your top bird.
20230810_102922.jpg

Back
Top Bottom