Bobbing head, loss of balance

Eating on her own but not drinking on her own. Quarantined as soon as I noticed her condition this morning. I have 15 chickens so haven’t been able to catch her pooping. I will check her quarantine pin as soon as I get home in about 20 minutes
I'm happy she's eating on her own 🥰 I hope she starts drinking on her own.
Great! that's good you quarantined her and cleaned the coop.

Update- I got home, removed her from her quarantine, took her to the front yard with just us two. I cuddled her for a minute and noticed her crop seemed a tad bit compacted. Rubbed her and tilted her in 30 second intervals every few minutes for about 45 minutes. Never expelled anything, but the crop definitely loosened. Once i sat her back in the grass, she stood up, neck out, walked and ate some clover and drank a good bit of vitamin infused water. I’m hoping the crop was the main issue, even if not the only issue. I’ve attached a video, to show what I consider major progress in just a matter of hours <3 I’ll keep everyone updated with continued progress and I really cannot thank the community enough for the warm wishes and advice. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Update- I got home, removed her from her quarantine, took her to the front yard with just us two. I cuddled her for a minute and noticed her crop seemed a tad bit compacted. Rubbed her and tilted her in 30 second intervals every few minutes for about 45 minutes. Never expelled anything, but the crop definitely loosened. Once i sat her back in the grass, she stood up, neck out, walked and ate some clover and drank a good bit of vitamin infused water. I’m hoping the crop was the main issue, even if not the only issue. I’ve attached a video, to show what I consider major progress in just a matter of hours <3 I’ll keep everyone updated with continued progress and I really cannot thank the community enough for the warm wishes and advice. Thank you thank you thank you!!!
She looks good, I’m glad she is staying hydrated. Try and get a glimpse/picture of her poop, it really tells a lot 😊

Update- I got home, removed her from her quarantine, took her to the front yard with just us two. I cuddled her for a minute and noticed her crop seemed a tad bit impacted. Rubbed her and tilted her in 30 second intervals every few minutes for about 45 minutes. Never expelled anything, but the crop definitely loosened. Once i sat her back in the grass, she stood up, neck out, walked and ate some clover and drank a good bit of vitamin infused water. I’m hoping the crop was the main issue, even if not the only issue. I’ve attached a video, to show what I consider major progress in just a matter of hours <3 I’ll keep everyone updated with continued progress and I really cannot thank the community enough for the warm wishes and advice. Thank you thank you thank you!!!
While I had her alone and completely calm I did check every part of her. Feet are clean, no mites or lice anywhere to be found, eyes are bright and not runny, earlobes are bright turquoise, mouth is closed with no coughing or gasping whatsoever. Opened both wings and inspected, no rips no tears and folded right back in naturally. She even purred while I held her and checked her over. 🥰 ❤️

Last edited:
She looks good, I’m glad she is staying hydrated. Try and get a glimpse/picture of her poop, it really tells a lot 😊
Thank you so much for everything! I checked her pin, no poop yet, possibly bc she just started eating/drinking again but sun up I will check again for sure!!

Thank you so much for everything! I checked her pin, no poop yet, possibly bc she just started eating/drinking again but sun up I will check again for sure!!
She looks so much better then this morning!
I'm so glad she's doing better!
that's wonderful she's drinking and eating! 🥰

She looks so much better then this morning!
I'm so glad she's doing better!
Gosh, me too! I just checked on her again bc I can’t stay away from her 🥴 no head bobbing at all for now and I really hope she continues to improve!! Thank you so much for all of your advice!

Gosh, me too! I just checked on her again bc I can’t stay away from her 🥴 no head bobbing at all for now and I really hope she continues to improve!! Thank you so much for all of your advice!
That's Amazing!
I was thinking she was gonna die in just a few hours!!

How is your little lady doing? is she any better?

Back
Top Bottom