Bobble head goose

BlueO

Chirping
Nov 8, 2023
So I live in a place where geese roam around often, and we just drove by some geese. we were looking at them and one of them had a head that was rolling around like a bobble head it was very uneasy, and falling over when tried to walk. We tried to catch it to see if we could find out what was wrong, but we couldn’t. it was heartbreaking to see him try and walk or fly away 😭. These were Canadian geese. Does anybody know what happened? Does he have a chance? Or is this a mental disability or something? I don’t own geese. I have ducks though.

I would contact the humane society or a rehabber and let them know about the bird.
I really can’t say what’s wrong with it without a picture and even then it would just be guessing. It could be anything from an injury to illness.

Poor thing, hopefully someone can get out there and get a hold of it even if the only thing that can be done is euthanasia, it doesn’t deserve to suffer.

I would contact the humane society or a rehabber and let them know about the bird.
I really can’t say what’s wrong with it without a picture and even then it would just be guessing. It could be anything from an injury to illness.

Poor thing, hopefully someone can get out there and get a hold of it even if the only thing that can be done is euthanasia, it doesn’t deserve to suffer.
There is millions of Canadian geese where I live. I doubt that humane Society would really do anything. It flew away so we couldn’t get a picture. Thank you.

So I live in a place where geese roam around often, and we just drove by some geese. we were looking at them and one of them had a head that was rolling around like a bobble head it was very uneasy, and falling over when tried to walk. We tried to catch it to see if we could find out what was wrong, but we couldn’t. it was heartbreaking to see him try and walk or fly away 😭. These were Canadian geese. Does anybody know what happened? Does he have a chance? Or is this a mental disability or something? I don’t own geese. I have ducks though.
It's probably got avian influenza. We've been seeing a lot of sick geese around here lately too.
There's no cure and it's deadly so he'll most likely die on his own soon anyway, sadly. If you went near it and tried to catch it though, I'd be worried about your own birds. It can spread through little downy feathers and poop particles off shoes and such. It can take out entirely flocks in days.

It's probably got avian influenza. We've been seeing a lot of sick geese around here lately too.
There's no cure and it's deadly so he'll most likely die on his own soon anyway, sadly. If you went near it and tried to catch it though, I'd be worried about your own birds. It can spread through little downy feathers and poop particles off shoes and such. It can take out entirely flocks in days.
Thank you I will be careful using my shoes around my birds😞

Back
Top Bottom