Bobcats (non-graphic pics)

Magnificent cat!
love.gif

Quote:
If you had one you wouldn't want one--they don't domesticate. I've known of a couple that were captured as day-old kittens and could never be handled. They're beautiful animals but best left in the wild--the further from your chickens the better.

I'd want it anyway. The way I see it, most of the cats I've ever owned are just using me and would be happy enough to rip me a new one if I wasn't providing food. Cats are so mercurial. My husband's cat sometimes rolls on her back to be cute when I'm walking past, then slashes me with her claws. She also tends to bite. With the idea of that on a larger and more dangerous scale....I think I'd have enough healthy respect for the animal to own a bobcat
wink.png

I grew up around a gentleman in Central Oregon that had two tamed bobcats. He would not let me pet them ( I was seven or so) but I saw them as grand. He petted them and took them for walks on a leash. He even wrote a book about wild cats.

Quote:
First off--
welcome-byc.gif

Secondly, 10 miles wouldn't even get it out of it's homerange (most likely) and relocating is usually not a good idea anyhow--It's illegal in many areas and dumping an animal in a strange territory that is likely occupied by another cat that is not going to welcome it is not doing it any favors.

This is the predators and pest part of the forum and you will find a lot of threads here where people terminate whatever animal is targeting their flocks. If that is distressing to you (and it is to a lot of people) this may not be the best section of the forum for you.

Really great pictures of some amazing animals. I know we have bobcats around here, but I've only ever seen their scat and tracks.

10 mile drive and it will return by dusk. All animals have a homeing instinct to one degree or another. There is only one way to assure that they will not return. It is either that or build Fort Knox and contain your poultry 24/7.

IB
Quote:
First off--
welcome-byc.gif

Secondly, 10 miles wouldn't even get it out of it's homerange (most likely) and relocating is usually not a good idea anyhow--It's illegal in many areas and dumping an animal in a strange territory that is likely occupied by another cat that is not going to welcome it is not doing it any favors.

This is the predators and pest part of the forum and you will find a lot of threads here where people terminate whatever animal is targeting their flocks. If that is distressing to you (and it is to a lot of people) this may not be the best section of the forum for you.

Really great pictures of some amazing animals. I know we have bobcats around here, but I've only ever seen their scat and tracks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom