Bobwhite and ringneck feed

yotetrapper

Crowing
14 Years
May 3, 2007
North Central MS
Ok, well we have three stores around here that sell chicken food. My options are: Layer mash, meatbird food, scratch grains, chick starter, and "gamebird food".

I see people talking about gamebird starter, as well as gamebird grower. What we have here is simply "gamebird food". I have no idea whether it is a starter or grower.

So I have some ringneck pheasants and bobwhite quail in tbe bator now and I'm wondering what I should feed them? Any suggestions out of what foods I have available in my area?

I have had ring neck pheasants in the past. I fed mine either chick or turkey starter. Either one is fine. I fed this to them until they were about 3-4 months old then I started mixing the game bird food with the starter. Do not start the game bird food to soon. My aunt Gail did this and it killed hers. Mine were all healthy and lived through the winter and they are all doing just fine. I have never raised bob whites. I know chuckars you do the same as pheasants. So you should be alright to do the same with the bob whites. Good luck to you and let us know how they do. I hope this has helped. DJ

I would recommend "Complete Crumbles" for Starting Gamebirds. It is made by Manna Pro. It has 24% protein I buy it from Rural King here in Indiana There is one in Lafayette In not sure how far that is for you. I drive from Lafayette to Champaign at least once a week and it is about a 75 minute drive.

Back
Top Bottom