Bobwhite male breeding with Blue Scale Female (Blob Quail)

How much longer until you intend to try breeding them? Are you going to breed them with other Blob quail? Or blue scale or bobwhite?
Well, they are only 3 weeks old now. So, it may be a little while before they reach maturity. I don’t even know what gender they are. I’m just hoping I have at least a couple of each. But, I was thinking of attempting to breed the Blob/Blob first. Then try a male Bobwhite with a female Blob. That’s a start. I just hope I have both genders.

Well, they are only 3 weeks old now. So, it may be a little while before they reach maturity. I don’t even know what gender they are. I’m just hoping I have at least a couple of each. But, I was thinking of attempting to breed the Blob/Blob first. Then try a male Bobwhite with a female Blob. That’s a start. I just hope I have both genders.
That's a great plan. All you can do is try it and see. This seems to be uncharted territory so experiment away!

From all the literature I’ve read, the offsprings of bob and blue won’t be able to breed or if they successfully fertile the eggs, the chick would end up dying. I’m not sure if they were breeding blob/blob or line breed the blob back to a bob or a blue. Try and let us know.

From all the literature I’ve read, the offsprings of bob and blue won’t be able to breed or if they successfully fertile the eggs, the chick would end up dying. I’m not sure if they were breeding blob/blob or line breed the blob back to a bob or a blue. Try and let us know.
I’ve read a couple of studies, also. There is a small chance. I hope I’m in the 2% chance of success.

More pics. They seem to be wild at first but calm quickly.

Attachments

• 3C1B3044-F98C-402E-9F36-D877F9105A81.jpeg
    3C1B3044-F98C-402E-9F36-D877F9105A81.jpeg
    536.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 1CF3FA73-96B4-420D-AEEA-0725A9A3AAF5.jpeg
    1CF3FA73-96B4-420D-AEEA-0725A9A3AAF5.jpeg
    490.7 KB · Views: 35

Back
Top Bottom