Bobwhite quail baby problems

Breannabobwhites

In the Brooder
Jul 15, 2019
I bought bobwhite quail eggs and hatched them. The ones that hatched are good and very social and move as one big clump if birds. But one special one is 2 days old and cannot stand properly long or without help. It also can’t open his eye much and we have to force feed him water and food. He is very close too me and I feel bad for him and I want to help. Does anyone know what’s wrong with him?

I bought bobwhite quail eggs and hatched them. The ones that hatched are good and very social and move as one big clump if birds. But one special one is 2 days old and cannot stand properly long or without help. It also can’t open his eye much and we have to force feed him water and food. He is very close too me and I feel bad for him and I want to help. Does anyone know what’s wrong with him?

Welcome to BYC!

Im sorry but sometimes chicks just fail to thrive there could be dozens of reasons why.

Ok. One of them hatched this morning and was fine then started to do the same thing them died. The one I mentioned in the previous post is jump and rolling to get around. He is much happier and can move fine. He is also eating and drinking. He just needs help. I think he just has a neurological problem causing his leg issues.

Ok. One of them hatched this morning and was fine then started to do the same thing them died. The one I mentioned in the previous post is jump and rolling to get around. He is much happier and can move fine. He is also eating and drinking. He just needs help. I think he just has a neurological problem causing his leg issues.
Maybe the person you bought the eggs from doesn't feed the breeders well.
Have you contacted them yet to mention the problems you're having.... To see what they have to say?

I got the eggs off of eBay and I can’t find the seller. It’s making me angry because my birds aren’t healthy. I can only assume the breeders are feed enough vitamins for healthy chicks

Back
Top Bottom