Bobwhites Dying. Help!

LavyOrps

Chirping
May 23, 2021
I have Bobwhites that are about 1 - 1-1/2 months old. We have them in outdoor pins since they are fully feathered.

Every couple of days it seems one of them dies. They seem perfectly healthy, then the next morning a new one is gone. They have clean water daily and always have food.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be happening??? Or have had this issue before?

Can quails get a type of Marek's?
Just from vaguely searching, it seems they can, but they really don’t seem to have a lot if the symptoms or Mareks. I was wondering if maybe they had Cocci….. I may start them on a Corid treatment.

What are you feeding them? What is their setup like? Does their poop look healthy? Pictures of the birds and their home?
DADE3375-CFE7-486F-861C-95DC5D1B428C.jpeg

The long box usually has hay in it until they kick it all out.
198FF945-F2E8-4E20-AEEC-21A972086074.jpeg
B6B178EB-7250-45A7-B910-6DD2F256AB39.jpeg

noticed this little guy this morning, not doing so well. As far as poop goes, some of them do have more runny poops than solid.

Your feed doesn't have enough protein, for starters. They should be getting something with 28-30% protein until they're adults.

They also need some hiding places and some place to rest their feet from the wire.

I'm suspecting that they're dying from improper feed, but I'll tag @007Sean since he raises bobwhites and has a lot of experience.

Your feed doesn't have enough protein, for starters. They should be getting something with 28-30% protein until they're adults.

They also need some hiding places and some place to rest their feet from the wire.

I'm suspecting that they're dying from improper feed, but I'll tag @007Sean since he raises bobwhites and has a lot of experience.
Okay, I will replace their food with the starter our store has. It’s 28%. And get them a few more places to hide in. Thank you for your suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom