Bock bock

BrujaMaya

Chirping
Jul 11, 2021
Howdy! I'm Maya, and I have chickens.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? No, not new. I've had chickens on and off since childhood. My first chicken was a B/W polish hen named Lunch

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Oh boy, ok, there's 12 hens and 1 roo in the coop right now, six babies (and a gosling) in the brooder and one accidental house chicken lol
(3) What breeds do you have?

Mixed flock of EEs and Polish. And a silkie house pet.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They're just fun! I love all the colors and shapes they come in, watching them interact and live their lives, and collecting rainbow eggs. I figure as long as I'm doing things at home, I may as well find varieties I can't find at the grocery store!

What are some of your other hobbies?
Oh the usual. Gardening, spinning, crocheting, arts and crafts

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My family lives on about 2 acres in Maryland, doing our best to hobby farm in between all of life's other commitments while we work towards a more permanent (and larger) homestead. Currently starting to homeschool our 4 year old and spending the summer exploring the area with our two dogs.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I've been lurking for years lol. Just finally got around to making an account. I'm not the most forum interacting person ever, but if it's about chickens it can't be that bad!

Dust Bunny and I are happy to be here!
0711211849a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom