Body language

Chick_a_dee

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Peterborough, ON
It just started freezing rain, raining, snowing, severe storm, etc. I went out to check on the girls, make sure the water was good, and the food, and there were two roosting in the shavings on the floor in one corner, the rest on the roosts or in the windows. One in particular was roosting in the window sill above the nest boxes, and she was making some pretty odd noises, different from the others, it was a little screech held for about 10 seconds, with some bucking at the end, she, unlike the others, kept shifting about, and was keeping her tail feathers down. She was squatting a bit I guess, but it was dark, like really odd body language was going on. She didn't jump off the window sill when I fixed the water like a few of the others, but again some stayed in the windows aside from her. One of the two on the floor went off, but one stayed put, and she didn't go hang out by the water either. I have some plastic eggs, and I left some in the nests filled with a bit of feed to weigh them down so they didn't play egg football again (they were kicking them around, I swear it was chickne organized sports), just in case.

Is this a chicken conspiracy to have me murdered?

Last edited:
No, definately not a conspiracy to have you murdered. If it had been that, they would have shut up the instant you came in.

My girls were freaking out today and we couldn't figure out what was tingling their chicky sense. A moment later we got a weather alert for tornado watch. I tell you chickenese is just way too complicated to hope to learn. Well there are some experts here that have learned a bit, but the subtleties will forever ellude me.

Quote:
Hah, I'm sure at least a few are plotting to kill me. It was already bad outside when I went in, and I might have thought it was a chicken weather forecast, but it was only the one chicken, and the girl hunkered down in the shavings in the corner as well sleeping, but she didn't make a sound.

Back
Top Bottom